Welcome to the webpage of the Run Ultra Festival
On Saturday July, 8 and Sunday July, 9 the first edition of this new ultra event will take place in the city of Amersfoort. Amersfoort is situated in the middle of the Netherlands.What, when, where, who?
- 24H Solo (with interval times measured at 50 km, 50 EM, 100km and 100 EM published. Some of these interval times will be published at DUV Statistik, of course only if you complete that specific distance); Including Dutch Championship 24H 2023 (NK – Nationaal Kampioenschap)
- 24H Teams (2 to maximum 10 participants per team)
- 12H Solo (with interval times measured at 50 km, 50 EM and 100 km published. Some of these interval times will be published at DUV Statistik, of course only if you complete that specific distance)
- 6H Solo (with interval times measured at 50 km and 50 EM. Some of these interval times will be published at DUV Statistik, of course only if you complete that specific distance)
- 1H Solo
- 24H Solo – Saturday July, 8 – 12:00h
- 24H Teams (2 to maximum 10 participants per team) – Saturday July 8, 12:00h
- 6H Solo – Saturday July, 8 – 16:00h
- 12H Solo – Saturday July, 8 – 23:00h
- 1H Solo – Sunday, July, 9 – 10:30h
Maximum number of participants: 100
Where: Altis, Schothorsterlaan 78, 3822 NB Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
Public Transport: From Amersfoort Central Station, AV Altis can be reached by bus 4. This bus goes every 30min and is in 10 minutes / 7 stops (stop Hoogland, Molenweg) at 350m from the Athletics track.
By car: Next to the track is a large parking space where you can park for free
Organizers: Peter Ligthart, Marco Groot, Arjan Muthert, JanWillem Nieboer, Erik Kuijer & Mark van Hoorn
Our partners / sponsors
The course consists of laps of ±1,85 km. The course will be officially measured by a course measurer of the Dutch Athletics Union.
The course has no mentionable altitude meters. The course is not traffic-free. Mainly bikes and scooters will be on the course. The course has some sheltered parts (±70) and some partly open parts (±30%). The underground is mixed: tartan track, asphalt and small cobblestones.
Click on the map to go the afstandmeten.nl to see the course in more details.
|Early Bird||Regular||Late Bird|
|till May, 31||from June, 1 till June, 30||from July, 1 till July, 7|
|24H Solo||€ 80||€ 90||€ 100|
|24H Teams||€ 160||€ 180||€ 200|
|12H Solo||€ 65||€ 75||€ 85|
|6H Solo||€ 40||€ 50||€ 60|
|1H Solo||€ 15||€ 20||€ 25|
What is included?
- Officially measured course
- Electronic timing (including lap times)
- Toilets, dressing rooms and showers
- A sports canteen where your supporter(s), if you have any, can shelter warmly
- A sports canteen where your supporter can warmup some food for you
- A spot around start/finish where you can put your own food and drinks
- The organisation provides also some food:
- Bread between 07:00 and 10:00h on Sunday Morning
- Soup with meat or vegetarian (starting around 18:00 hours and the continually to the end of the race)
- Pasta with meat or vegetarian, between 18:00 and 20:00 hours on Saturday
- Tea and Coffee
- Water, Coca Cola, bars, bananas, chips/salts, raisins, gingerbread also available
- Enough space to store your own belongings (tent, table, chair, food, drinks) along the trail
- No Sports drinks, because we see at other ultra events that ultra runners mainly use their own sports drinks
- Basic Medical Support
Run Ultra Festival Casual Shirt
At you registration you also order our unique Run Ultra Festival Casual Shirt. For only € 14,97!
Wear it with proud at any casual occasion.
Dutch National Championschips
The Dutch National Championships take place for both men and women if at least 5 participants are registered and at least 3 men and 3 women are at the start. On behalf of Ultraplatform, Henri Thunnissen will be present for the National Championship 24h.
General rules for Solo Runners & Team Runners
From the start, the rounds are counted by the time registration. If you get out early, the number of laps x the distance is your result. When you finish, after the finish signal, the remaining meters are measured by the race management and added to the number of laps x the distance.
Minimum age 1h Solo is 12 years. For the 6h, 12h & 24h Solo the minimum age is 18 years. The minimum age for participating in a team is 16 years.
It is not allowed to walk or run with a participant without having a registration yourself.
It is allowed to run with your own music on your ears (head phones).
Race briefing 5 minutes before the start of your race at the start line.
Teams consist of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 runners. Runners always change individually and only in the designated zone. Beyond that, switching means disqualification. At the changeover, the chip is passed on. Only the very last lap before the finish signal may be run together.
Around 15 minutes after the finish of a particular race.
Control of doping
Takes into account control of doping, especially when breaking (and requesting recognition of) national records.
Canteen, toilets & changing rooms
The bar in the canteen is not open all the time. Tea and coffee are continuously available The canteen is very spacious, there is plenty of space to sit. There are also 3 benches (if available) to lie on. Both participants and runners have access to the canteen. The canteen will be open at Saturday, July 8th, at 10:00h.
Directly on the course, under the canteen, several toilets are available for participants. Toilets are also available in the canteen. Changing rooms and showers also provided.,
Hotel vd Valk – 8min by car to the start/finish (situated in one of the suburbs of Amersfoort)
Hotel Campanille – 10min by car to the start/finish (situated in one the suburbs of Amersfoort)
NH Hotels – 12min by car to the start/finish (situated in centre of Amersfoort)